Gallery

Posted by anna@booneNC on 22 Mar 2008
Recent
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 11:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Houston Fest at Galax Va  (Read 7860 times)
Wild Bill

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »

Went into Galax monday. They are already setting up the tents on the grounds. The shocker is that the restaurant that some of us eat at the last two years ( the one with the fried pickles) no longer exists. A non-restaurant is in it's place Cry.
Camping in Fancy Gap just waiting for Houstonfest 2013 to start.

crowjane

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 08:19:54 AM »

Welcome to Fancy Gap, Wild Bill!  While you're in the area, you might want to stop by the Blue Ridge Music Center (milepost 212.5 on the Parkway).  The Roots of American Music museum is really interesting.  Unfortunately, it won't be open for the season until Saturday, May 4...worth a stop, though, if you get a chance!
 Smiley

Wild Bill

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 07:33:37 AM »

Heard on the radio (98.1 from Galax) that Houstonfest will have cAmping on the grounds for the first time. Campers can begin checking in at 9am friday while the festival gates open at noon.
great show on this station last night Live from the Rex theatre in Galax. a band with children singing followed by another bluegrass band. And than a bluegrass music show afterwards.

Crowjane: I went to the Blueridge music museum last year. It was one of the best Applachian music displays I've seen.
Went to the Blueridge Institute museum at Ferrum College yesterday. It was OK but the music stuff was all signs about the Crooked trail and the history. No music items like old guitars, fiddles, banjo's, music books,etc like the parkway museum. Best part was the video that had the Hillbillys, Stonemans, Sara and Maybelle Carter, and Stanleys singing. Went to Rocky Mount so now I can say i've done the entire Virginia Crooked Road music trail from Breaks to Rocky Mount over the past three years.

George Jones memorial live on CMT today at 11am eastern time

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc