Gallery
Great Big Sea

Posted by craig on 20 May 2010
Recent
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sewerfest Camping  (Read 6225 times)
crowjane

« on: February 20, 2010, 05:37:39 PM »

Sent in my reservation the other day...WOOHOO!!!!  Going early, gonna have a great time!  Hope the snow goes away by then...but even if it doesn't, I'll have the Jameson to help keep us warm!
A warm campfire, good music and fine Irish whiskey...what could be better?
 Grin Grin Grin

hemphillnc

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 02:42:47 PM »

We just bought a camper and can't wait to try her out at Sewerfest! No more tent-last year we rented a UHaul Van-this year high and dry in our 78 Argosy, Bertha!!

The Bluer the Grasser

crowjane

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 03:47:09 AM »

Congratulations on your camper, hemphillnc!  We made that transition a few years ago...soooo happy to be off the ground...warm, dry and cozy!    Cool

hemphillnc

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »

Yeah, tent camping was fun until we hit our 50s! Really looking forward to it. Hope to see you there!

The Bluer the Grasser

Wild Bill

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »

Oh u young -uns,  pack up the whole house and call that camping LOL.
I'll still be in my big tent  (sleeps 6 -8) I bought last year just for Merlefest. It was so much fun setting it up again over and over again when the wind blew it down Tongue.
Might be camping this weekend (with the Charlie Daniels  Band according to the flyer). It will be in the low 40's overnight. I bought extra propane for the heater Grin
Congrats on the new camper Cheesy

crowjane

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 06:08:23 AM »

Now, Bill...even though we're not sleeping on the cold, wet ground and having to keep putting our tents up...we still like to think we're camping! We're just a little warmer and drier than we used to be!  Grin

uttermike

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »

Question: I just had to cancel a 4day weekend at Sharkori Hills because of a family reunion but the wife has granted me permission to go to Merlefest the next week for F-S-S instead so I'm stoaked!  If I leave after work Thursday night I can get to Sewerfest by a little after midnight to jam for a couple of hours.  My question is do I need to make a reservation or just come?  Will there be any problem arriving that late?   I have an Avanlanche with truck tent so set up is not a problem.  I'll probably just jump out of the truck, pop a top, and look for a jamm'n circle, then just sleep int the back of the truck til light.

crowjane

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 04:54:53 PM »

uttermike...in the past there have been sites available when people have showed up, but you never know how each year will go.  Best to give them a call and reserve one.  People arrive at all hours, but I know that I'd want to be sure I had a site.   Smiley

uttermike

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 06:57:54 PM »

I just saw at http://www.wilkesboronorthcarolina.com/n_page_dsp_g.php?page_id=no_twsv19 that Sewerfest was no longer taking camping reservations. I don't know if that means that they have not been taking reservations this year or just have stopped taking reservations a week out from the festival.  Either way I'll show up late Thursday night and take my chances.  I'm ready to jam!  :{)

bigstu
Mandolin player for The Green Creek and the Polk County Ramblers
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 01:41:04 AM »

I just saw at http://www.wilkesboronorthcarolina.com/n_page_dsp_g.php?page_id=no_twsv19 that Sewerfest was no longer taking camping reservations. I don't know if that means that they have not been taking reservations this year or just have stopped taking reservations a week out from the festival.  Either way I'll show up late Thursday night and take my chances.  I'm ready to jam!  :{)

Tell them that BigStu sent you... 

You never know  Cheesy

Join me for Bluegrass From Yonder on WWB Friday 3-5pm EST
www.worldwidebluegrass.com

crowjane

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 05:55:20 AM »

Tell them that BigStu sent you... 

You never know  Cheesy

Roll Eyes  Yes, I'm SURE that will work!   

Wild Bill

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 02:29:07 PM »

Here's what the web site said:

Tent campsites are still available but all RV campsites are booked.
2011 advance camping registration forms are not being accepted
any longer this year, please bring money to the camping entrance
for Sewerfest during 4/29/10 - 05/02/10.  
For more camping information, please contact Mike Testerman.

CAMPGROUND COORDINATOR

Michael Testerman
Campground Address: 700 Snyder Street, Wilkesboro, NC 28697
Mail forms to: Town of Wilkesboro Camping  
       PO Box 1056, Wilkesboro, NC 28697
Tel: (336) 667-2391 Ext. 21
Fax: (336) 667-2908
Email

So it likes like if you just show up for non-electric nonRV camping, e.i. tents, you will be OK.
Just remember to bring cash, no credit cards or checks.
Are you going to stay for the whole festival or just for the late night jamming. The cost of camping is a flat rate $65 no matter how long or short you stay.

(edited to change year to 2011)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:20:21 PM by Banjo Junkie » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc